Fedora lifetime and stability

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 09:03:06 UTC 2007

> Actually, I'm not going to continue this discussion. I wanted
> just to share my thoughts. I know that I'm not alone. For
> example, here
> http://www.oreillynet.com/linux/blog/2007/03/where_fedora_went_wrong.html
> is also said enough, on both sides. And my opinion is that
> Fedora will only win if testing period and release lifetime
> will be at least twice longer.

As a self proclaimed kernel dev, I'm surprised to hear you talking
about "the win".

That aside, it seems that you are in the minority. Most of us
(currently) here are quite comfortable with how things are. You could
offset this with effort. Consider the Fedora Legacy program which
suffocated due to lack of effort - it basically did what you wanted
but no one wanted to put in the effort - Fedora is a community
project.

( www.pembo13.com )