OT: mx3.redhat.com is borked

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sat Nov 10 19:48:23 UTC 2007

Hope that somebody around here can look at this.

mx3.redhat.com is broken.

<fedora-list at redhat.com>:
    mx3.redhat.com [66.187.233.32]:
>>> DATA
<<< 451 4.3.0 Problem running virus-scanner

It's rejecting all mail now.  mx3.redhat.com is the primary MX for
@redhat.com. Not all mail servers will retry other MXs, if DATA gets
deferred at the primary; this is considered spammish behavior in some
circles. Some mail servers do retry the backup MXs, which is why there's
some trickle of list traffic now, but I suspect that ~90% of list messages
are currently bottled up at the senders' mail relays.

And I was wondering why my list messages sent earlier today haven't shown
up. Now I know (after taking corrective measures…)