Security policy preventing access to floppy

Simon Slater pyevet at aapt.net.au
Thu Nov 8 23:00:27 UTC 2007

G'day,
	Recently the computer the kids use has been giving this error when
trying to mount a floppy:

Error - kio_media_mounthelper.
A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this
message to this recipient. See message bus configuration file. (rejected
message had interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member "Mount"
error none"(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.Hal")

When attempting to format a floppy the error is:
Internal error: device not correctly defined.

It is running KDE under FC6.  Is the problem with SELinux or
automounting?  Where is the message bus configuration file and what
would need changing?  I don't know where to start with this one.  I'll
appreciate the help but the kids probably won't - they use the floppy
drive for homework.

--
Regards
Simon