f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 12 05:27:22 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 21:37 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> But do you ever have problems with wired connections?
> I've never had any difficulty, anywhere, with ethernet connections.
>
> I wish NM would stick to WiFi, where it could conceivably
> serve as a replacement for wireless-tools.

One of the jobs it manages, for some users, is when they go from a wired
network to a wireless one.  Doing that automatically, and painlessly, is
needed for some people.  If it *only* dealt with wireless they'd need
yet another tool to manage this for them.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.