upgrading from F7 to F8

Lou Spironello lspironello at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 15:36:35 UTC 2007

I'm having a similar problem in that it "appears" to stall or get stuck at
the 25% mark in the checking dependencies.  If you wait a while (1/2 or
more) you will see that the blue status indicator will eventually move!  I
was as frustrated as yourself.

I also removed any secondary main kernels and xen kernels so that only one
of each was present.  I removed most of the third party rpms.  I also ran
yumex so as to update as many of the packages for F7.   Apparently some came
out yesterday or today.  I also went through the rpm list so that there were
NO duplicate named packages with different versions.

My current install has been running for more than 1 1/2 hours and the status
indicator is almost at the "d" in the word "selected" on the "Checking
Dependencies" dialog box.

My anaconda.log show very little in terms of the update status or the
progression.
Neither does any other screen.

I'm thinking that my dependency check will take another hour or so!  And
then follows the actual upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Lou