Fedora 8 Games Spin - Feedback Requested

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 12 15:28:21 UTC 2007

Timothy Murphy wrote:

>>> I didn't really understand this.
>>> Are the games available as RPMs in the normal way?
>> Yes they are but this is a Live DVD with a lot of games you can try out,
>> redistribute or install to a hard disk or USB easily.
>
> Sorry, Rahul, I still don't really understand.
> Surely if one runs a Live DVD then one is not running Fedora
> on the computer proper (ie on the hard disk)
> so how do you install one of the games if you like it?
>
> I would have thought a simple DVD with Fedora games on it
> would be easier to use.

I mentioned twice already. You can install it to the hard disk if you
want to. All the Fedora Live CD/DVD  have a install to hard disk icon on
the desktop.

I can see that a Live Games DVD would be quite a nice thing
> to show a Windows user what you can do in Fedora.
> Is that really what it's for?

That's one of the reasons, yes. There are several others like buying out
compatible hardware, using it in a gaming stall or conference, showing
some Linux games to friends and so on.

Rahul