FC8 yum-updatesd-helper hangs

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Nov 13 01:46:01 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>> There is a bug filed for this problem that was already posted earlier
>> in another thread. I believe the daemon program was designed to
>> download without warning.
>
> It merely checks for metadata by default so that Pup can notify the user
> of new updates if any. Does not download any packages though it could be
> configured to auto download or install packages in the background.
>
> Rahul

I cannot even find a trace of the thread where the bug report led me to
misinterpret what the updatesd-helper does. If all it does by default is
download metadata, why would it hang now in Fedora 8?

I'll try to find the reference later regarding the bug report I skimmed
through which led me to that hallucination.

Jim

--
An American is a man with two arms and four wheels.
		-- A Chinese child