OT: Request for Help Desk / Ticket System software.

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 13 12:43:57 UTC 2007

Chris wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:47:52 +1100
> I have worked w/OTRS (I liked that app) however, there wasnt a way
> (that I could find) to create a ticket without it searching LDAP (one
> key field in the DB is the smtp) and requiring the need of the a valid
> email address.
>
> Perhaps it does work *IF* you don't tie in LDAP for the credentials of
> the users that actually do the work.
I didn't have it set up with ldap integration.

There is users {people with problems} and agents {people who fix
problems}. A logged in agent can create users {I always added an email
address, but I don't remember if that was required in the webui}, and
then create a phone ticket for the user.

DaveT.