unwanted icons

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 13 14:13:24 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 03:34 +0000, Amadeus W.M. wrote:
> What's with all the hard drive icons on my F8 desktop for my data
> partitions? Can I get rid of them somehow? I imagine it's a nautilus
> thing. I really like a minimal desktop, with only the stuff that I want.

Go under Application->System-Tools->Configuration Editor
Then go to apps->naulilus -> desktop
and then you can click to reduce the clutter.

Are your glasses mended with a strip of masking tape right over your
nose? Do you put pennies in the slots in your penny loafers? Does your
bow-tie flash "hey you kid" in red neon at parties? Do you think pizza
before noon is unhealthy? Do you use the "greasy kid's stuff" to stick
down your cowlick? Do you wear a "nerd-pack" in your shirt pocket to
keep the dozen or so pencils from marking the cloth? Do you think Mary
Jane is somebody's name? Is illegal fishing is something only a daring
criminal would do? Is Batman your hero? Superman? Green Lantern? The
Shadow? Do you think girls who kiss on the first date are loose? Rate
yourself on the nerd-o-matic scale. (1 point for each YES answer) 0-2 --
You are really hip, a real cool cat, a hoopy frood. 3-5 -- There is hope
for you yet. 6-7 -- Uh-oh, trouble in River City. 8-10 -- Your immortal
soul is in peril. 11+ -- Does suicide seem attractive?
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net