IcedTea Firefox and SELinux

Rogue roguexz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 18:07:08 UTC 2007

Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask for help on that matter as well.
>
> Kip Thomas írta:
>> Guys,
>>
>> Please help.  My java is still not working when tested against SUN web
>> site and javatester.org.
>> It says applet not initialized.
>>
>> I did run mozilla-plugin-config as root.    I'm using firefox 32 bit.
>>
>> It says the plugin is loaded.
>>
>> Thanks,

Hi Guys,

Firstly, you need to update the Fedora system. The stock system had some
issues with the Java plugin. Not really sure if this had something to do
with the nspluginwrapper rpm.

Secondly, when I hit about:plugins in the browser, I see the following:

GCJ Web Browser Plugin 1.4

    File name: gcjwebplugin.so
    The GCJ Web Browser Plugin executes Java applets.

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
application/x-java-vm 	IcedTea 	class,jar 	Yes
application/x-java-applet 	IcedTea 	class,jar 	Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1 	IcedTea 	class,jar 	Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.1 	IcedTea 	class,jar 	Yes
application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.2 	IcedTea 	class,jar 	Yes

Now, I have gone to the following two sites:

http://javatester.org/version.html
and,
http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

And both of them showed me that I have Java 1.7.0 from Sun Microsystems.

I guess an update and a reboot should do the trick.

Note: This is for a x86 m/c. Not sure if there are any issues with the
x86_64 m/cs.

later,
Rogue