looking for suggestions

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 14 08:24:29 UTC 2007

Konstantin Svist:
>>> Where do I press that menu button on my laptop?
>>> </sarcasm>

alan:
>> Look for the button with the "1" inside a "0".  Push that one.

Konstantin Svist:
> Har, har..

I like the one where they tell someone to press the reset button when
the computer says to "press any key."  :-\

> Seriously, though - where do I adjust gamma/color settings on a laptop?

If you have something like a NVidia graphic card, there's a NVidia tool
that allows you to tweak all sorts of display parameters.  There's
probably a similar tool for ATI, but probably nothing special for the
more generic cards.  For them, if you wanted to play with gamma,
contrast, tint, etc., you'd have a more generic X tweaking tool, or
customise the xorg.conf file yourself.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.