How do I remove i386 from x75-64 systems?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Nov 15 02:30:50 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>
>> Shame I had to install it to find out; it's time like these we need
>> "apt-cache show yum-basearchonly" or similar:-)
>
> # yum info <package>. If you prefer using apt

oh. Thanks  Rahul.

I read the man page, I was looking for an expansion on "yum list," maybe

yum list details apt

> # yum install apt
>
> Rahul

[root at potoroo mail]# yum list apt
Installed Packages
apt.x86_64                               0.5.15lorg3.93-2.fc8   installed
Available Packages
apt.i386                                 0.5.15lorg3.93-2.fc8   fedora
[root at potoroo mail]#

Oh good. I only got the one, apt-cache seems to work nicely, and it
doesn't spend half-an-hour loading plugins.

Thanks; I knew apt-rpm had been done, but thought it died about when
mandrake+connectiva->mandriva

--

Cheers
John