any good UPS for a Fedora server

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Nov 15 04:14:08 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 18:45:09 -0800,
  Konstantin Svist <fry.kun at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oooh, sounds like a very good feature! How do I check if a UPS has it?

I don't remember where I saw the problem UPS mentioned. Possibly it was
in the man page for a specific driver. You might look around the netups
page.

The problem was related to power coming back after the shutdown command
was issued to the UPS. Even though the power comes back, you still need
to turn off the load briefly to get the machine to boot and you also
want it to come back on afterwords.

Somewhere there was discussion of a hack to work around this for broken
UPS'.