F8. How to disable pulseaudio

Mike C mike.cohler at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 22:56:19 UTC 2007

Nigel Henry <cave.dnb <at> tiscali.fr> writes:

> Well I thought I'd got the sound sorted out. There are the usual problems like
> setting indexing options for snd-usb-audio, and snd-bt87x
> in /etc/modprobe.conf. Now pulseaudio has entered into the equation.

Nigel

I use KDE and I found that in my case there was a simple way to make it all work.

All I did was create a new file called /etc/asound.conf with the following
lines in it.
pcm.pulse {
    type pulse
}

ctl.pulse {
    type pulse
}

Then logout and back in - in my case this all worked!

If this works for others also it should be included in the common f8 bugs page.