Metadata file does not match checksum

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 06:46:06 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 20:00 -0600, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 20:26 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
> > Man, this is getting REALLY old. I've updated all the yum files I can
> > find for FC7. Has something changed that I didn't catch, to
> > my /etc/repo.d files or their configurations over the last couple of
> > weeks to get this continually, or is it a mirror problem? I'm getting no
> > place fast.
> >
> > Someone just shoot me, Ric
>
> Have you tried:
>
> yum clean all
>
> To clean out old bad metadata?

Yes, I sure did. I forgot to copy out the previously dnloaded updates
that I had accumulated and they're all gone now! <chuckles> I cranked
her back up and it only took three tries to get a stable mirror to
connect. It is such a absolute bitch to yum a 500k rpm package when you
get 3-4 2 megabyte metadata files attempts to make a solid connect.
Especially at modem speeds. It was a pain in the tail at DSL speeds too.
So I really really hope that the process can be "presto'd". That will
save everyone some time and bring in World Peace and Brotherly Love in
our lifetimes. I assure you. Namaskar!

I'm assuming that the folks that package smart haven't folded in presto
yet either. <sigh> But, I know they will, so I remain patient as well as
grateful for all the fine work being done. We have come a long ways
since installing slackware from a pile of floppies. On the other hand
doing a ps -ax used to produce about 20 lines. Now there is no ps -ax
and my fingers still fumble to type ps ax, without the dash! I wonder
why they changed it?? <grins> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar