Update to mutt-1.5.17-1.fc7 broke my mutt (setting From:)

Tom Chiverton fed at falkensweb.com
Tue Nov 20 19:04:04 UTC 2007

On my Fedora Core 7, x86_64 box, I have a daily job that emails some things
off site:
# mutt -F /root/.muttrc -a /tmp/cacti.sql -s'back cacti' t at g.com < /dev/null

The .muttrc is:
# cat /root/.muttrc
set from="root <root at mydemain.com>"
#

Up until the day I applied
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2007-November/msg00490.html
this worked fine.

Now it is leaving the From: as 'root at hostname.localhost', which isn't in
public DNS, so my upstream SMTP smart host rejects it.

I have strace'd mutt, and it's differently sending the wrong thing to the
local sendmail, and as I said, it worked until the recent update.

So what's changed ? Do I just need to set some option somewhere ?
--
Tom
Everyone has their own Universe of their own eyes and ears. credit cards.