Can Java just shoot me?

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Wed Nov 21 05:52:52 UTC 2007

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 22:40:14 -0600
> Tom Poe <tompoe at fngi.net> wrote:
>

>> I'm thinking I have to do something more in Firefox to enable?
>>

> You have to put a symbolic link  from libjavaplugin_oji_so from where-ever you
> put it into ~/.mozilla/plugins
>
> You may have to create the ~/.mozilla/plugins directory as I don't think it's
> created by default.

http://cmol.nbi.dk/models/twoloops/twoloops.html displays space where
applet is supposed to appear, but no applet, and no fail message.
That's better than it was when I foolishly created the link in the
mozilla directory, instead of the .mozilla directory.  I had to create
the plugins directory as you said.  Oh, well. this is one of those
"close, but no cigar" thingys.
Happy Holidays,
Tom