3-D graphing software?

Emanuel Machado Emanuel-Machado at cytonome.com
Wed Nov 21 15:37:32 UTC 2007

On 21/11/2007 Dotan Cohen [mailto:dotancohen at gmail.com] wrote:
> On 20/11/2007, Dean S. Messing <deanm at sharplabs.com> wrote:
> >
> > Go to <http://www.scilab.org/> for more information.
> >
> > Dean
>

> Thanks, I'll look into Scilab. I'm beginning to realize that I may
> need one of these 'programming languages' solutions instead of a GUI
> program such as Kalgebra.
>
> Dotan Cohen

If you're going back to a 'programming languages' solution, you could also
take a look at root (http://root.cern.ch), which has been providing event
handling, statistics and graphing for the High Energy Physics community (it
can actually do a lot more than that). It works as a C++ interactive
interpreter but you can also compile your code with your favorite (well...)
compiler. It is also multiplatform (Windows, Linux, Mac). It has a bit of a
learning curve, but once you're done you got even better at C++, not some
proprietary language.

Emanuel

----
Emanuel Machado, PhD.