FC5 in a commercial product (was Re: Wanna give me a hand debunking this?)

Eric spamsink at scoot.netis.com
Wed Nov 21 23:53:22 UTC 2007

At 05:30 PM 11/21/2007, Tim wrote:

<T>>>>>I would think that if they've built a stand-alone unit, that works
as it is, then it won't matter whether the vendor changes things, or
not.  If you're not updating your gizmo, and it doesn't interact with other
things that might be risky (e.g. the internet), then carry on using what
already works.<<<<<

Their product is still under development, hasn't gone out even to beta
sites yet, so there's no real way of knowing whether it "already works" or
not, under all conditions.