smart updated samba, tetex, now kmenu 99% gone, wth?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Nov 22 04:03:28 UTC 2007

Greetings, see subject.

I was scanning the kmenu to see if the new tetex stuff was registered, and
discovered a whole bunch of stuff in lost + found.  All the OOo apps,
kcontrol, krusader & several others.

I clicked on the toolbar to run krusader since I hadn't recently, its not my
fav file manager, usually I use mc for that.

It popped up the splash and stayed for about 2 minutes then went away.  Then I
went back to the kmenu and it 99% gone, only now its back to normal, wtf?
But the stuff in lost+found is still there, kcontrol, kmenuedit, krusader
(with its icon), mplayer, OOBase, OOCalc, OODraw, OOImpress,OOoSPadmin,
OOWriter, SNMPBrowser, TclScaleSimulator, & an Uninstall of some kind.

And five minutes later, krusader finally popped up, and there doesn't seem to
be any cpu hogs running.

I just looked in the lost+found directory, and it is empty.

What is the command to issue to rebuild the kmenu back to normal?  ksycocao or
something like that comes to mind.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)