[FC8] Samba client can't find network

Deepak Shrestha d88pak at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 14:48:15 UTC 2007

Hi,

Just installed the fresh FC8 with samba.

>From Samba GUI configuration, joined the workgroup.

smbd is running and nothing has been shared.

SELinux is set to enforced by default

I am trying to access the windows share from this machine but can't
find my workgroup from Gnome network broswer.

Tried command line:
$ findsmb        only shows my machine localhost

Tried connecting directly to the windows share:
$smbclient //server/share
but it gives me
Connection to <server> failed (Error NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME)

how can I connect to the folders which is shared from windows machines?

Thanks