Fonts (Firefox/Windows & Firefox/Linux)

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sat Nov 24 01:13:55 UTC 2007

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 19:30:20 -0400
Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here are some screenshots of the same page in Windows (with
> Cleartype enabled) and Linux.

>From what I understand (always a good chance I'm wrong :-)
cleartype is a completely different technology than any of
the other font rendering systems out there, so it may be
impossible to always get things to look as good as windows
(though I'll never be able to tell, I can't see what people
like about anti-aliasing at all - give me a good bitmap
font with crisp clear high contrast edges any day :-).