Poor image quality.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Nov 24 05:20:02 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-23 at 11:26 +0100, Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó wrote:
> Moreover, the image quality is very poor. The mouse pointer, windows
> borders, etc. have several light shadows. It seems like a bad tuned
> TV.

This sounds like either cabling problems (signal reflections) or running
at too high a pixel rate for your hardware (it offers rates that push
past the limits of some of the hardware).

I have one system like that.  Although I can opt to use 1280 by 1084,
and all my hardware allegedly supports it, it's really not good enough
to be used at that rate.  In my case it's an old S3 video card with a
rather poor video output stage.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.1-10.fc7 i686 i386