"apt" to eventaully replace "rpm"?

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Nov 25 16:08:19 UTC 2007

Chris Jones wrote:

>>    That sounds like a writer with Debian experience and a feeling Apt
>> is easier than RPM. There are some things in RPM that are quite odd.
>> I think Apt is a simpler method. I have ubuntu-7.10 loaded and it
>> uses Apt and it seems to update as well as RPM.
>
> It is not really correct to compare apt to rpm, a better comparison
> would be to compare apt to yum (or at a lower level rpm to dpkg).
>
> Chris

    Yes your right. I am going to reload my ubuntu and see if the first
cut is a flook. I loaded it and it gave me the crooked image on my
screen. Then the screen went blank for about 30 minutes it seemed like
but really about 4 minutes. Then up came a real looking almost perfect
image just like it looked after installing. I seems to know about Nvidia
and does the right thing.

    If the thing is real then the ubuntu loader is smarter than
anaconda. And it is still just one CD-rom :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User