"apt" to eventaully replace "rpm"?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Nov 25 20:27:16 UTC 2007

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007, Steve Searle wrote:
>
>> Around 10:57am on Sunday, November 25, 2007 (UK time), Robert P. J. Day scrawled:

>>> 2007.
>> What is the book and who is the author?
>
> "The Linux Programmer's Toolbox," by John Fusco, which, other than
> that oddity, seems to be a very good book.

It's a pretty basic error. I'd be looking for more.

http://www.techbookreport.com/tbr0304.html
http://www.hcw.be/p.aspx?p=G9939

Hah!
http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/05/08/book-review-the-linux-programmers-toolbox/
Cites an error in the book relating to query tables, then has this text
(which might be the reviewer's), Try this example:

rpm -qa --qf '%vendorn' | sort | uniq -c
      1 Adobe Systems, Incorporated
    12 (none)
      1 RealNetworks, Inc
838 Red Hat, Inc.