b43: Driver keeps upping CPU % until system freezes for a few seconds?

Kelly Miller lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 19:14:45 UTC 2007

John W. Linville wrote:
> Can you further characterize the exact circumstances to recreate
> this issue?  Have you opened a bug at bugzilla.redhat.com?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Well, if I could put my finger on an exact cause, I'd be happier.
However, I can only observe the system crashing and the running
processes, and I have noticed that the sudden jump in the b43 CPU
processing percentage is the only really odd thing that happens around
the crash time (no other process has higher than 2%).  However, the two
events are not consistent (when I wrote the email, I thought they were;
but more observation shows that the two may not be related).  I'm still
searching for a potential cause of the freezing, because the system log
is empty...