PROJECT BLACKHAT

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Mon Nov 26 20:39:28 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 12:20 -0600, Dave Ihnat wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 11:08:31AM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > great
> >
> > we now have Gene, Frank and Dave as list moms.
> >
> > knock yourselves out guys, you will really be performing a valuable
> > service to the fedora-list by making sure that those who misspell,
> > grammatically fracture the language, etc. are summarily dismissed - even
> > banished from the list if necessary.
>
> You didn't read anything I wrote, did you?
>
> Doesn't matter.  I'm not a list mom, and you can post anything you want.
> I was trying to let some who might be inclined to listen to this "you
> don't need to write properly" natter that, in the real world, it DOES
> make a difference.
>
> With over 30 years experience dealing with everything from volunteer
> communities, employers, consulting, USENET, early Unix development, etc.,
> through today, I've seen this before and if someone wants to resurrect
> this tired cliche, it's their choice, but it's important to let people know
> that it's not universally accepted...the first, second, or Nth time it's
> espoused.
>
> But hey, everyone's got to make their own mistakes and learn from them.
> I'll not say anything more on the topic.
----
I got your point which of course had absolutely nothing to do with the
exchange of information on Fedora-list - which was my point.

There are some who are only too eager to behave like list moms and jump
on people for things like grammar, spelling errors, etc. - it's entirely
obnoxious.

Thanks for the resume, the introduction to the things that matter to you
and all of the barriers you want to put in the way of people exchanging
information.

I have no problem simply deleting messages that don't interest me for
whatever reason but I simply don't want to encourage people to who want
to enforce their obsessions about grammar, spelling etc. on others.

And again I note that we continue to digress over this worthless topic.

Craig