a paper I can't find...

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Mon Nov 26 21:22:39 UTC 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> On 26/11/2007, Mike Chalmers <mikechalmers70 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I would have tried Google but I thought I would try here first.
>
> For future reference, this is considered extremely bad manners.

Whether it's bad manners or not, there are times where you need a little
mental push to remember what keywords you need to search for.  Google's
searches with too vague of a set of keywords are worse than useless, with
thousands of hits that aren't useful.

What's wrong with asking for a reminder for perhaps the keywords to search
for?

And what's wrong with sending a 'for future reference' reply privately?
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer