Wanna give me a hand debunking this?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 21:38:12 UTC 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 12:19 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Then it still misses the need for a way to get current desktop programs
> without wild and crazy changes in the kernel and device drivers.

Make up your mind.  Do you care about uptime reliability for critical
services or do you care about desktop applications? Are you seriously
attempting to suggest that new versions of thunderbird or openoffice
are critical in any sense of the word?  Personally i think you are
just arguing to argue and are not actually attempting to have
reasonable discourse. I'll let others make their own judgements
concerning motivations based on your inability to stick to a line of
reasoning.

You can not have your cake and eat it too. Upstream development in the
open source world is really fast right now...for the 'popular' stuff
that end-user see.  There are not the resources to satisfy the people
who need long term operation for critical things with people who
desire to track closely with upstream in the application space in the
same installable 'distribution'.  You have a choice to make.

-jef