Serial Port Bug?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 27 16:43:45 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 08:48 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
>     With a volt meter I find some pins have a constant -10.7 volts on
> them which is the standard RS-232 for a no-data signal. In this static
> measure the voltmeter sees no positive volts near +12 volts.

NB:  It's quite common for serial ports on computers, these days, to be
nothing like "standard RS-232".  That can be a problem for some devices
that you want to connect to it.

I'd be trying some tests by connecting two computers together, and
seeing what you get.  Or plugging in an old modem, and doing the old ATI
command tests, etc.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.