how to share internet connection in fedora

moi rainer at lucien.sysadmin.at
Tue Nov 27 16:56:49 UTC 2007

The easy way to share the internet connection with some PCs in the back
(assuming there is a correctly configured network) would be to enable
IP-forwarding (with /etc/sysctl.conf -> enable ipV4_forward).

Second step would be to enable NAT, e.g. "iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING
-s 192.168.0.0/24 -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE", assuming the internal network
is 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0. These rules can also be defined in
/etc/sysconfig/iptables.

Either way, we know nothing of Azeez´ config and especially have no
specs regarding his requirements. as a result, I would prefer to know
more about the setup before telling him how to do this - just as Bill
said (it was perhaps in a rude manner, but nonetheless perfectly ok).

regards
rainer