OT: RHEL 5.1 client Error executing formatting or display command.

Jamie Bohr jamiebohr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 01:17:51 UTC 2007

Sorry about being of topic, I have googled long and hard and have not found
a good recent record of "Error executing formatting or display command"
happening.  It sounds like udev is causing the issue but .... I have several
RHEL 5.0 clients working great.  If a person logs in as root all works as
expected, only non-root users see this problem.  Can someone point me in a
direction to look.  FYI: The system is fully patched via RHN.

I appreciate any and all help, this is a production server that I am having
trouble with.

--
Jamie Bohr