Yet another post on disk copy methods

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 23:13:40 UTC 2007

Duane Clark wrote:

> I took a look clonezilla, but frankly, that looked like something that
> an IT department would use for many machines. It looked like way too
> much for the simple task I wanted.

clonezilla-live is the one to look at. It's an iso image that you can
boot (or alternatively a zip archive to install on a USB drive).  You
just boot it, optionally mount some storage space via nfs, smb, or ssh,
and let it copy the disk to an image with enough info to re-create it.

The main clonezilla project does the same things but is geared toward
network booting and mass-cloning of the images.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com