F8 Samba

Antonio antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 15:00:12 UTC 2007

I re-installed F8 and I am running a mixed network with Windws, F8, F8
development.
I forgot to backup the configuration file for samba.

Now I re-created this file (smb.conf):

#
#
#======================= Global Settings =====================================

[global]
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	workgroup = workgroup
	cups options = raw
	username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
	server string = Samba Server Version %v
	security = user
	passdb backend = tdbsam
	max log size = 50

#============================ Share Definitions ==============================

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	browseable = no
	writable = yes
;	valid users = %S
;	valid users = MYDOMAIN\%S

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	browseable = no
;	guest ok = no
;	writable = No
	printable = yes

# Un-comment the following and create the netlogon directory for Domain Logons
;	[netlogon]
;	comment = Network Logon Service
;	path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
;	guest ok = yes
;	writable = no
;	share modes = no

# Un-comment the following to provide a specific roving profile share
# the default is to use the user's home directory
;	[Profiles]
;	path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
;	browseable = no
;	guest ok = yes

# A publicly accessible directory, but read only, except for people in
# the "staff" group
;	[public]
;	comment = Public Stuff
;	path = /home/samba
;	public = yes
;	writable = yes
;	printable = no
;	write list = +staff

[testsamba]
	path = /home/antonio/testsamba
	writeable = yes
	browseable = yes
	public = yes
	valid users = antonio

When I try to connect to the PC from another Fedora machine I get to
the windows showing the testsamba directory, but when I click on it I
get the request for login, I insert antonio as user and password but I
am rejected and a new login window appear.

Same from a Windows machine. Selinux is on.

Any hint??? Tnx
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag