F8 Samba

Antonio antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 18:08:00 UTC 2007

2007/11/29, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com>:
> Antonio wrote:
> > I re-installed F8 and I am running a mixed network with Windws, F8, F8
> > development.
> > I forgot to backup the configuration file for samba.
> >
> > Now I re-created this file (smb.conf):
> >
> <------------------------[snip]------------------------------>
> >
> > When I try to connect to the PC from another Fedora machine I get to
> > the windows showing the testsamba directory, but when I click on it I
> > get the request for login, I insert antonio as user and password but I
> > am rejected and a new login window appear.
> >
> > Same from a Windows machine. Selinux is on.
> >
> > Any hint??? Tnx
> Dumb question - did you create user accounts in Samba? (Samba uses
> its own user/password files.)
>
> Mikkel
> --
>
>   Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
> for thou art crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!
>

> --

yes, I think so, as I synchronized unix users with samba user...
I have decided to start from scratch on my home network - doing homework... ;-)

[global]
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	cups options = raw
	server string = Samba Server Version %v
	workgroup = workgroup
	os level = 20
	username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
	winbind enable local accounts = no
	valid users = antonio
	security = share
	passdb backend = tdbsam
	max log size = 50

#============================ Share Definitions ==============================

[homes]
       comment = Home Directories
       browseable = no
       writable = yes
;       valid users = %S
       valid users = MYDOMAIN\%S

[printers]
       comment = All Printers
       path = /var/spool/samba
       browseable = no
;       guest ok = no
;       writable = No
       printable = yes

# Un-comment the following and create the netlogon directory for Domain Logons
;       [netlogon]
;       comment = Network Logon Service
;       path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
;       guest ok = yes
;       writable = no
;       share modes = no

# Un-comment the following to provide a specific roving profile share
# the default is to use the user's home directory
;       [Profiles]
;       path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
;       browseable = no
;       guest ok = yes

# A publicly accessible directory, but read only, except for people in
# the "staff" group
;       [public]
;       comment = Public Stuff
;       path = /home/samba
;       public = yes
;       writable = yes
;       printable = no
;       write list = +staff

[testsamba]
       path = /home/antonio/Musica
       writeable = yes
       browseable = yes
       public = yes
       valid users = antonio
[davide]
	path = /home/antonio/Documenti Davide
        writeable = yes
        browseable = yes
        valid users = antonio

Now from another Fedora computer I don't even see the other computer
on the network!!!

I am going to get very low marks on Samba!!!!
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag