F8 DOS system call ??

Jonathan Allen jonathan at barumtrading.co.uk
Thu Nov 29 18:08:37 UTC 2007

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 10:57:31AM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 03:32:55PM +0000, Jonathan Allen wrote:
> >
> >   ISOLINUX 3.36 2007-02-10  Copyright (C) 1994-2007 H. Peter Anvin
> >   vesamenu.c32: attempted DOS system call
> >   boot:
>
> A quick web search indicates that a workaround may be to just type "linux"
> at that prompt and hit enter.

When it came down to it, "linux0" was unintuitively the answer, but thank
you for starting me looking.  I was fooled because the prompt waits for a
while and then loops, repeating itself and I hadn't realised that I could
type anything in between.

A couple of hours of fighting with and then turning Network Manager off and
I'm up and away downloading the updates since issue ...

Jonathan