yumex not functioning on my f8 platform

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Fri Nov 30 17:25:05 UTC 2007

Ivan Virgili wrote:
> Richard England wrote:
>> Further data....  The yumex transcript shows the following when the
>> mirrors are activated:
>>
>> . . .
>> 8:35:58 : Setup Yum : Groups
>> 18:36:05 : Failure getting
>> http://mirror.stanford.edu/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/repodata/comps-f8.xml:
>>
>> 18:36:05 :   --> [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
>> 18:36:05 : Trying other mirror.
>> 18:36:11 : Failure getting
>> ftp://ftp.uci.edu/mirrors/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/repodata/comps-f8.xml:
>>
>> 18:36:33 :   --> [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
>> 18:36:33 : Trying other mirror.
>> . . . . .
>> and a whole bunch of repeats...
>>

> I experienced the same identical problem this week.
> Problem solved with "yum clean all"
> If you use Yum Extender, you can do it at the click of a button.
>
> Ivan
>
> --
> Ivan Virgili
> http://www.ivanvirgili.com
> GNU/Linux user #292882

Hmmm.  That was one of the first things I did when I encountered this.
Maybe there was a problem whose solution had not propagated to the
mirrors and I tried too early.... I just did another "yum clean all" and
I no longer get the Metadata file checksum error.  Of course there
aren't any updates because I forced the use of the baseurl.

I guess all I can do is wait and see what happens.

Thank you for the response, Ivan.

--
--R