Timed wakeup?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Nov 30 22:42:06 UTC 2007

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Mauriat M wrote:
>> On Nov 30, 2007 5:39 AM, Ingemar Nilsson <init at kth.se> wrote:

> It looks like a nice package. According to the documentation, it
> depends on your BIOS for waking up from suspend. If it doesn't work,
> you may be able to hibernate instead of suspend. It takes a bit
> longer for the system to come up, but it should be faster then a
> cold boot.

Not directly relevant to the question, but it could address similar
problems: my ThinkCentre can have three different boot selections:
1. On timed wakeup, it has one order of boot devices
2. On resume from power failure, and has another order of boot devices
3. On ordinary powerup, it has a third.

This would allow, for example, a box to boot Windows by default in
normal startup, but having been shut down at the end of the working day,
it could boot Linux at, oh, 04:00 and back itself up, then shut down again.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait