Recommendation for Fedora server?

ed at hp.uab.edu ed at hp.uab.edu
Mon Oct 1 18:25:12 UTC 2007

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:

>   I know that. I was not aware the goal was to draw 30 Watts or less. I do
> not think you can do that with a power supply mass produced for computers.
> You need more than that to boot up the system. The hard drives use like 20
> watts when loaded. If you have two working it will be too much for a power
> source you are trying to use. Forget that 30 Watt limit. It will not work.

Well, we don't just give up because it sounds hard. Timothy, the original
poster, needs to decide if its worth the money and time to take a server
down to 30 watts.

I'm interested, because it looks like there is an ability to run a
computer with 5 watts. Its just a matter of what I will be able to do with
it.

http://www.mini-box.com/Alix-1C-Board-1-LAN-1-MINI-PCI

ed