OT (most likely) strange modem disconnection when using USB drives

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Oct 2 19:07:52 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 12:40 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> GFI breakers will, of course, require a certain threshold of current before
> they trip out.  A very small leakage like you have may not reach that threshold.

Oh, what I did should definitely have tripped it off.  ;-)  I gave up on
it for the night, I'm now enjoying listening to some loud music,
instead.

> I really think that a ground loop is at the root of your problem.  But I don't
> know anything more about finding and fixing that problem than to say "call an
> electrician."

It does have a bit of that sort of feel to it.  However, there's nothing
that I can feel when I touch the chassis of earthed gear.  I'm more
inclined to believe that it's signal related rather than hazardous.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.