Install or Upgrade to Fedora 7 with dud DVD

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 04:39:47 UTC 2007

On 10/2/07, Simon Slater <pyevet at aapt.net.au> wrote:
>         Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I needed to install centos the other day, but ran out of CDs.  I tried
the NFS install and it worked like a charm.  I don't remember the
step-by-step, but here are the basics:

1. - mount the dvd iso

2. - export the mounted iso via nfs

3. - boot the target machine ala boot.iso or PXE

4. - select 'NFS' as install type - enter the IP and share path

Obviously, you need another *nix machine on the network to host the
DVD image, and some way of booting the laptop - floppy, cd, PXE, etc.
I used this method with the first CD of centos 5, but unless I'm
missing something it should work for a DVD image of F7 as well.

HTH,
Chris