sendmail install issue

Charles Dillard ctdillard2007 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 01:44:59 UTC 2007

I am running Fedora 7 kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7. I am trying to get sendmail 8.14.1-2.i386.rpm working. The Build of the sendmail.cf file
using this command

 m4 /usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf

appears to be successful; it produces a sendmail.cf file. Running the command

make install-cf

produces the following error:

../../devtools/bin/install.sh -c -o root -g bin -m 0444 sendmail.cf /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
make: ../../devtools/bin/install.sh: Command not found
make: *** [install-sendmail-cf] Error 127

There is no "devtools" in my distribution (which includes the accompanying sendmail-cf 8.14.1-2.i386.rpm).

Any ideas on where this can be obtained? Also, the README mentions an INSTALL file that would be helpful that is also missing.

df -k tells me I have plenty of drive space.

Many thanks for anyone providing meaningful insight, and especially if someone can provide the missing INSTALL file.

BTW, I've uninstalled and installed the sendmail rpms several times, w/o luck.

CTD