Problems compiling a source package

Terry Polzin foxec208 at wowway.com
Thu Oct 4 16:13:56 UTC 2007

Folks;

I'm getting the following error when I run ./configure on a package tarball I
wish to compile.

checking for gtk+-2.0 >= 2.0.6  gthread-2.0... Package gtk+-2.0 was not found
in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory
containing `gtk+-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No
package 'gtk+-2.0' found
configure: error: Library requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.0.6  gthread-2.0) not
met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

I really do think I have everything I need I just don't know how to convince
pkg-config.

rpm -qa | grep gtk
gtk+-1.2.10-57.fc7
gtkhtml2-2.11.0-4
gtksourceview-1.8.5-1.fc7
pygtk2-2.10.6-1.fc7
authconfig-gtk-5.3.15-1.fc7
gnome-python2-gtksourceview-2.18.0-1.fc7
pygtk2-libglade-2.10.6-1.fc7
gtk2-engines-2.10.2-2.fc7
gtkhtml3-3.14.3-1.fc7
gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-2.14.3-4.fc7