Phishing - Linux boxes are vulnerable

Res res at ausics.net
Fri Oct 5 00:06:33 UTC 2007

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Chris wrote:

> Umm - I hate to toss a munkey wrench into the mix, but if you really
> want a reliable SERVER OS, my choices would be OpenBSD, NetBSD or
> FreeBSD

Thats debateable :)  But yes out of the box it is by default where limux
takes a a little effort

>> 9. use something like MailScanner with spamassassin adn a good
>
> While Mailscanner is very good - you need to know your MTA also.
> (unless things have changed) Mailscanner and Postfix was a no-no.

It works with Postfix without problems, Weitse detests it and will shy
people away from it (maybe because of his relationship with ther author
of amavisd), but there are many large organisations using it happily
wiki.mailscanner.info  has howto, MailScanner even works with Qmail

--

Cheers
Res

Slackware -V- sloooUbuntoooou