Phishing - Linux boxes are vulnerable

mfleming at enlartenment.com mfleming at enlartenment.com
Fri Oct 5 01:31:52 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 10:06:33AM +1000, Res waffled thusly:
> On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Chris wrote:

<snip>

> >>9. use something like MailScanner with spamassassin adn a good
> >
> >While Mailscanner is very good - you need to know your MTA also.
> >(unless things have changed) Mailscanner and Postfix was a no-no.
>
> It works with Postfix without problems, Weitse detests it and will shy
> people away from it (maybe because of his relationship with ther author
> of amavisd), but there are many large organisations using it happily
> wiki.mailscanner.info  has howto, MailScanner even works with Qmail

(Slightly OT)

Wietse doesn't like MailScanner because it's had a nasty history of
accessing queue files directly, which will break if the queue file format
changes at any stage (for example when DSNs were introduced etc.). I can
certainly understand his PoV (and frustration when cluebies blame postfix
for breaking MailScanner when it's really MailScanner that's flawed)

--Michael.
(I have both amavisd/postfix and MailScanner/exim @ work, so I've dealt
with both apps ;-))