sound capture on Fedora 7

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Oct 6 06:01:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 16:17 +0100, Andrew Wood wrote:
> There's only one mic socket on the card so I thought this would be a
> doddle to sample. When it didn't work I thought it was the card so I
> swapped it for another similar card/chipset.
>
> There is absolutely no sound detectable coming from the mic.

Go through the preferences for the volume control mixer, you may find
there's an option for selecting the mic source, which would select
between separate front panel and back panel mic sockets.  It doesn't
know what you have, and it could be set to the wrong one.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.