Local Copy of Repository

das dasd.here at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 13:08:56 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 11:10 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> man reposync
> reposync is included in the yum-utils package. Use createrepo to turn
> the downloaded packages into a local Yum repository, which to offer in
> your network.

Thank you dear Kirchner and Schwendt for coming to my help.

I have installed 'yum-utils' and 'createrepo'. Now I will try them. But,
two problems seems there waiting for me.

1. How to choose which mirror is good for us, say, someone living in
Calcutta (WB, India), with a connection 32 kbps at most?

2. Once I download the i386 repository, when I am going to break that
into DVD-s or CD-s for some system without Net connection, what script I
am going to use. For ubuntu repository there was a Ruby script called
'debcopy'. I don't know Ruby, I just made '+x' on it and then ran it on
the repository. Is something in F7 like that that will break it into
coherent pieces?

--
das