CD/DVD drive not recognized.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 7 15:39:38 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 21:30 +1000, Simon Slater wrote:
> I have an Acer Extensa 5220 with a Slimtype DVD A DS8A1P CD/DVD drive.
> After installing Fedora 7 this drive is not found by any application.
> Will it be one of the /dev/sda devices?  I'm not sure where to start
> with this one, googling didn't come up with anything useful.

If you posted the output of "ls /dev" someone might spot it.  But we'd
just be guessing at the moment.

I'm looking at getting a laptop in the next few days, and all the
potential hardware issues are not something I'm looking forward too.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.