Faulty wireless card?

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 13:55:58 UTC 2007

On 09/10/2007, Charles Curley <charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:
> I have ipw2200 wireless Ethernet. Sometimes the binary blob looses its
> marbles. I've found it useful to stop NetworkManager (NM), remove the
> blob, re-insert it, then start NM up again.
>
> service NetworkManager stop ; service NetworkManagerDispatcher stop
> rmmod ipw2200 ; modprobe ipw2200
> service NetworkManager start ; service NetworkManagerDispatcher start

Indeed - had been trying that (but with the ipw3945 drivers) to no
avail. Just now, I tried it once more, and I can now get a statically
configured network connection to work with the card. Shutting that off
and starting NetworkManager however doesn't work - NM fails to see any
wireless networks. Very odd indeed. Intermittent and unreproducible
behaviour is the worst.