The case against NetworkManager

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 13:58:20 UTC 2007

2007/10/9, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>:
> antonio montagnani wrote:
>
> > I agree with you, I am running F8T3 in my office (not IT office) and I
> > am comparing with F7 that are running similar tasks (and I would say
> > F8T3 is satisfactory at the moment).
> >
> > And in my opinion when I started running F8T3, NM was a problem, not
> > real bugs but I understood that some problems were connected to
> > programmer's choice.
>
> Then the programmer's choice are resulting in unexpected behavior which
> can be considered as bugs. If you find things not working as expected,
> just file bug reports.
>
> Rahul
>
> --

As stated by someone else, having TCP/IP fixed in particular for the
Ethernet and DHCP's served for wireless is my choice.
If also DHCP's served and fixed TCP/IP for wireless is planned, I
would be happy.

I speak on my experience, usually I connect by wire when at office, I
connect wireless with fixed TCP/IP at home when I am in my garden, I
use DHCP when at my friend's home and in the hotspots.

Is this the roadmap???
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag